The Food Integrity Campaign has made a list of New Year’s resolutions for our work protecting whistleblowers and food system transparency, and we hope you can help us achieve each and every one! With the food truth community’s support, we aim to make a difference in 2015. Let’s get started!
Our Top 5 Food Integrity Resolutions:
1. Take on the Big Food powers-that-be wherever we find them. Whoever tries to silence truth-tellers or threaten food integrity – whether it be Monsanto, Tyson Foods, or the U.S. Department of Agriculture – we’ll be ready to challenge them.
2. Fight the status quo when it threatens food integrity. If that means suing the FDA because it won’t release important data on antibiotic use that impacts public health, then that’s what we have to do.
3. Serve as a bigger voice for the voiceless! Whistleblowers who wish to report food safety violations or animal abuse often have no safe outlet to unveil the truth. Routine retaliation against them dictates that they need someone to stand up on their behalf. That includes fighting against harmful legislation like anti-whistleblower Ag Gag laws!
4. Show up. Near and far (from D.C. to Kauai), we aim to be there (on-the-ground or online) for our fellow defenders of food truth.
5. Demand and achieve greater transparency and accountability in the food system. Continue to spotlight misleading labels, conflicts of interest, and shady practices that don’t put food integrity first.
Do any of these resonate with you? Let us know which resolution you aim to take on with us. Share it in the comments below and on Facebook. Feel free to add your own food integrity resolutions too!
Happy New Year!